Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crochet Adorableness

Owl iPhone Case - My third recent project
This is not food related, but this is my blog so I'll post it if I want to.  

I started to learn to crochet last year, but I got bored because all I knew how to do was make scarves (I only made 2).  I really want to do animiguri, but someone told me you shouldn't attempt that until you become really good at scarves.  Boring.

Me and my elephant hat, this is the second hat that I've made.
Since the weather has been cold, I decided to try make myself a hat last week.  How hard can that be? It's actually way easier than a scarf to me.  Working in the round is more intuitive to me than working in rows and I can finish a hat in an hour or two.  I did a few projects and I thought I'd share some photos (I have a half-finished Angry Birds hat too, I'll add it later).

Besides, it's hard to make a scarf look dorky.  I love rocking dorky things.  I volunteer at a zoo, so these goofy hats are awesome for the cold weather.


This was the first hat I made.  It was supposed to be an owl, but I think it looks more giraffe like.
I didn't use a pattern for any of these, but I did look at photos on pinterest.  I'm not even sure I would know how to read a pattern if I tried.  I looked up a few hats, but got lost so I just went for it.  I'm going to try again, so maybe I can write some of my own.  I think the cell phone case (though, it needs some modifications - it's a bit too wide) is quite adorable and I couldn't find a pattern for anything like it.  I saw a photo of one on Pinterest (here it is), but I didn't really like the style.  I liked the concept.  I'll work on it, but since I'm new to crochet I'm not sure I'm even qualified to write a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment