Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's Almost Time for Fresh Foods Again

I have to admit that the winter season is kind of depressing when writing about food (which is probably why I have been ignoring this blog).  I haven't given up, and spring is right around the corner.  I've taken a few photos of meals I've been making, but I've been mostly using frozen vegetables (the stuff you get at the store this time of year is pretty sorry) and greens.  It's just not as fun.


Another thing I've been doing is training for a marathon I just finished this weekend.  After my last one, I swore I'd never do another one.  I really do prefer half marathons.  This was the 10th anniversary of the local marathon, so I decided to try it again.  I actually did quite well and I felt great afterwards.


And I decided I want to do it again.  I've decided I have to do the Disney Marathon before I die, so I'm signing up to do it next year.  I plan to do the Goofy Challenge where you run the half marathon on Saturday and then the full marathon on Sunday.  A few years ago, I did all the Disney parks and some rides in 2 days.  This can't be much different, right?

There's not a whole lot written about training for the Goofy Challenge or eating for female, vegetarian athletes.  I'll quite possibly write about that.  The one thing that worries me is that all of the longer runs for this training will be during the busy, Christmas season.  The plus side? When I'm training, I can eat a whole lot more than normal. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment