Friday, May 23, 2014

Kitchen Remodel Week 6 - It's Coming Together

I waited an hour too long to order my appliances last week, so last week and most of this one was a bust.  They couldn't do anything (so they said) because they needed the appliances in before they did anything.  I'm not really sure why they couldn't do the backsplash and some of the minor details, but it's finally coming together.

They finished up the backsplash yesterday.  Today, the appliances came and the electrician mostly hooked them up.  There is a problem with the hood and garbage disposal install, but they said they should get that done first thing next week. There are some minor details to go (like trim, some backsplash tiles are missing too) but hopefully it will be inspected and released next week.  I'll go into detail on some of the appliances, design thoughts and special touches when it's ready to go.

My Menu:

Some of the stuff I ate this week:

Hummus, not the kind with listeria.

Sandwiches, an old standby.

Black bean enchiladas


I also made some drawer dividers.  You can buy drawers with dividers built in, but that cost a lot.  I had to trim the budget somewhere.  Buying the gourmet range really tipped my budget into the danger category, so I didn't get all the fancy add-ons with the cabinets.  These are pretty easy to make (and I made two different types).  When I get the kitchen together, I'll write up a little tutorial on them.

I am waiting to put the drawers together until they are finished making dust in there.  As you can see, when I designed the dividers, the drawer pulls weren't even on.  They were added today.

No comments:

Post a Comment